PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate to airline
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2016, 14:08
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by buggerall
Why do you want to move into the airline world? And why ME?
My guess is that as he is flying/based in the ME and in DXB sees all this shiny EK aircraft rolling around and he thought it might be a good idea to join(I think sometimes the same when I am flying out of there, but always change my mind once I am back to Europe after my rotation).

@baobab72

I am more or less in your age and had (as mentioned above) the same idea. The location and general company culture down there made me always think and I actually never went to EK(for interview or joining).

Think as well about your age and be aware that if you join that outfit you will most likely end up with a lot of younger captains which is ok if they are nice and decent fellas. If you have a prick that just wants to show off(it happens sometimes, we all know this guys, don't we ) it might be a long flight.
Apart from that you have to consider at LEAST 5 years till you get again command, more realisticly 6-7 years. That makes you 50 years old till you go back to your "old", well earned seat. I am now a Capt for 17 years and not really sure I would like that "timetravel" back to the right seat .

Think well.