PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you help me read this Aerodrome guide please?
Old 8th Mar 2016, 11:43
gerardflyagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pulse1
... I always use "real cockpit mode" so I can look sideways reasonably easily. I get over it by identifying landmarks for my turning points and I think this is a good habit to develop anyway, especially when there are noise sensitive areas within the circuit. It also keeps you looking out of the window.

My son has a 3D version of FSX which uses Google Earth scenery and it is awesome but wearing the special goggles tends to make me feel giddy.
What is 'real cockpit mode'?

I generally look left and identify where I think 90degrees is. I then try to fly it visually, and then check on the instruments how far off I was. This is I hope, at least, training me to look outside primarily.

Do you mean your son has an oculus rift? Can you elaborate? I've used a rift and am convinced it will make a massive positive impact on flight simming. Unfortunately I can't get it for now as I'd need a new PC.

Originally Posted by Reverserbucket
EGLD has a suffered a couple of fatalities in my time although not from this school, however they have had a couple of accidents, one of which involved a student on his first solo:

https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...BUFY_01-95.pdf
I've read that guide and can't figure out the reason for the failure. It looks like the engine lost power but I can't see why. Can someone explain please?