PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applying to Airlines with DUI Fine (No Conviction recorded)
Old 8th Mar 2016, 08:59
The Growling Gimbal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applying to Airlines with DUI Fine (No Conviction recorded)

Hi all,

About a year ago I received a fine for low range drink driving, first offence so it was only a fine and no conviction was recorded. I am a charter pilot looking to move onto the airlines and have read a lot about this situation applying to many people who have had convictions recorded which has led to ASIC application issues etc.

As there is no conviction I am lucky to not have a criminal record however I did disclose it to CASA at my last medical and they have placed a Restriction on my medical that will require a blood test at a time to be determined by CASA prior to my next medical in 5 months time. At that point if all goes well I am led to believe that the restriction will be lifted.

My question is should I risk applying to airlines now with my current medical given that it will still have this Restriction visible? And if I were to be turned down would it rule me out for consideration in the future?

Cheers