PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2016, 21:28
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you never have been in Saudi then it is most likely hard for some people to get the "idea" how is living in this place.

I did my good share of ME living, hated it. And it was even not in Saudi which is already at least the next level.

I did a lot of nightstops in this lovely country(and was always very happy to leave, thanks god(alah?) usually not more then max 6-7 days there.

For me it is the entire "experience", from arrival till departure which makes it so good. Often you get threathed like they are gods(or whatever) present to me that I may stay there. Same at departure when you get your passports back and can finally leave. Restrictions? Yes, tons of it. Which? Flight attendants are threathed like sh.. in some hotels, had to come even for bf in the ninja dress(seriously, they got send back to their rooms to return in proper dress which was the ninja dress).Even our(the pilots) intervention was useless. To be fair, this does not happen in all the hotels. Women are not allowed in the gym(some exceptions, but not many), for sure they cannot drive. The driving is under evaluation as the Saudis are now getting more and more critizied for this behavior. Will change soon, so 50 years I guess ;-) .

I only would consider this place on a commuting contract, not more then 14/14, everything else most likely drives you nuts if you prefer some kind of freedom.

Would never put my family in this place.