PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you help me read this Aerodrome guide please?
Old 7th Mar 2016, 21:27
pulse1

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
gerardflyagain,

I would recommend that you get a dedicated C152 model although I cannot recommend one. I would also strongly recommend that you take on board reverserbucket and genghis's comments that your initial training should be instructor led. Perhaps FS would be useful to practice some of the exercises you are being taught but staying strictly within the scope of each lesson and not trying to preempt your instructor at all.

I do not have a Track IR and Gertrude is quite right that, for circuit work, you do need to look sideways easily. I always use "real cockpit mode" so I can look sideways reasonably easily. I get over it by identifying landmarks for my turning points and I think this is a good habit to develop anyway, especially when there are noise sensitive areas within the circuit. It also keeps you looking out of the window.

My son has a 3D version of FSX which uses Google Earth scenery and it is awesome but wearing the special goggles tends to make me feel giddy.