PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones threatening commercial a/c?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2016, 21:17
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately there are to many idiots around flying this copters/drones nowadays.

There are plenty of videos in the net proofing how high they can fly(and then crash back to earth because the battery ran empty on the way down), so it is very easy that they can endanger any aircraft.

I do commercial drone flying(certified by the authority) since 5 years now(sidejob to my real flying), but the regulations just keep growing and it makes it impossible(my opinion) for any certified operator to stay legal and still make money. Then are all the others that just do it black, sell the service for 50% of the price(easy if you put all in the pocket and do not need to pay anything to the aviation/tax authority).

I will pull out of this business this year because it is simply to dangerous and to annoying(most of the time the police swings by when we fly, so we have to do the "dance" everytime, show the license, get our id checked, blablabla, just because some guys do not know how to behave). Years ago people asked about drones, liked to look at it, nowadays the call the police if the see one flying in the city. Thanks to modern media and some reckless "pilots".

This things should have never been sold over the counter without any kind of registration(in some countries even bicycles are registered, why not drones?) so you could track people.

Well, DJI and Co are flooding the market with this things, I guess on some stage they will be just forbidden as it happened already in some countries. In the wrong hands this things are very dangerous.