PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intruder arrested in the cockpit of a BA 747 at LHR!
Old 7th Mar 2016, 15:56
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many bits missing...

Firstly, I am not really surprised that someone has made it onto an aircraft. Miles of unguarded fence is not exactly the most difficult barrier. But quite why it should trigger a 'security alert' is beyond me. They should have been alert beforehand to stop these things from happening in the first place. The LHR Stasi should have been as pro-active with guarding this fence as they are with hassling and being unpleasant to innocent members of the public. But there again, maybe he was wearing camouflage? He would have been virtually invisible if he wore a grubby HiViZ jacket (only management muppets and other scum, like visiting politicians, wear new ones).

Then there is the matter of extraction. I can only presume the fire brigade used cutting equipment to get him out ("a long and very protracted operation to get into the cockpit from outside"). So what damage was caused and was much broken when the cockpit was "stormed" by plod? You can not help but wonder if it might have been cheaper to kill the power, black out the windows and wait or there again maybe someone could have talked the guy out? This would have been good practice for a negotiator. Or he could have been tortured out by showing him videos of Donald Trump speeches or playing rap music.

But at least this incident has not shocked me. Again, our ridiculous security provisions have proved ineffective, Plod and the authorities can still be counted on to over-react in an (in)appropriate fashion and the Daily Wail can (miss)report on a non-story.

My Britain!

PM