PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospects for the budding pilot with responsibilities.
Old 7th Mar 2016, 10:42
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I intend to seek work probably in the US anyway to gain experience
Do you have the right to live and work there?
..not particularly interested in flying an airliner instantly
Motivation and ambition are good predictors of future success in this industry.
IMO the airlines aren't perhaps making the wisest choice
Perhaps you'd care to elaborate?
I want some life experience in the pilots world and some flight experience before I turn up at an airline
Many don't.
Maybe this will give me the chance to be offered a TR as well, instead of thinking I can buy it as some god given right.
Good luck with that but the truth is that buying a Type Rating and P2F is sadly the only way many will stand a chance of employment.

holding4release said:
I've worked hard in my sector and built a life for myself, got a house a wife and a son! But I still find myself tormented by my career choice every time I see another plane jump off the runway and break through the clouds.
I would read as much as you can on these pages, learn from others experiences and think hard about timing - this is an industry where timing is king when it comes to finding the first job. Think very hard indeed about giving up what you have to pursue a dream that, although attractive now, may not yield the return on investment as you, or your young family would hope or indeed need.

Enjoy your PPL training though, it is often said to be the best flying you will ever do.

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 7th Mar 2016 at 11:07.