PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit share.
Thread: Profit share.
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2016, 06:22
Arfur Dent

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What a toxic place to work Cathay has become. Profit Share was a good idea tried by forward thinking Companies to involve employees in the "Success of the Enterprise". Some do it better than others but the idea was/is a good one.
Somehow Cathay Management have turned it into yet another way of belittling Aircrew. Always using the term "whichever is lower" just makes the whole thing look cheap and begrudging.
Now the standard is for Senior so-called Executives to pay themselves outrageous 'bonuses' that are quite tricky to uncover and, with what they deem to be left over, pay some derisory gesture to the peasant workforce which, you guessed it, includes the pilots who are the genuine backbone of the Company.
Whatever the profit sharing may be, rest assured it will be of little consequence to anything and mean of spirit.
The very first year of PS was 2.99 months salary plus of course, everyone was paid the 13th month. That was a significant "Thank you" and our goodwill was soaring in the stratosphere.
Now? Keep your bloody profit share. I, for one, would rather take my chances on the lottery which is where my $1500HKD (whichever is lower etc etc) will go should they pay anything at all.
What a disgrace to have systematically ruined something that was so fine.