PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet F/A Sues over Sexual Harassment by Pilot
Old 6th Mar 2016, 22:32
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Evening All:

According to the CTV YVR video (link below) the number is up to six now.

WestJet workplace culture under fire | CTV Vancouver News

I find this posting from another web site worthy of reflection.

"The German language has a very interesting term "schadenfreude" which loosely translated means "taking pleasure in the misfortune of others". To be very succinct this is not the case in my writing as I am sorry to watch the work persona of every WestJet employee being tarred by the alleged incidents of 2008/2010 along with hearing about further allegations of six more flight attendants coming forward about the pilot in question. For those who have not worked in an airline environment news of ones bad behavior travels very fast in a small tight knit community. It will take more than "team building" to reestablish the trust between back end and front end.
The CEO of WestJet should in the case of the allegations being true along with to stop the hemorrhaging of bad news should unequivocally state publically that sexual harassment has no place in either the workplace or culture at WestJet. To aid in the healing the alleged whistleblowers/complainants should be reintroduced to the workplace along with a formal apology including formal assurances that this policy is reviewed in the next Annual Recurrent Training by all employees of WestJet. The final being if the pilot in question did do what was he alleged he should be terminated with cause."