PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about logging time in a UK Logbook.. whilst flying in U.S.A..
Old 6th Mar 2016, 19:03
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about logging time in a UK Logbook.. whilst flying in U.S.A..

Not sure where this should get posted.. Hope someone with more experience can help..

I am currently out in Florida with Florida Flyers and had my first flight today which was a 'check out' - basically the school checking my general handling and making me familiar with the circuit/pattern - before I am allowed to rent.

I had an instructor sit by me - to check me out - and I was sole manipulator of the controls with the odd input from the instructor. It was technically a dual flight as obviously he has to sit next to me to check I am safe.

How should this get logged?

I have put it as P.1.. not P/Ut (as it wasn't instruction) and put the time in the 'Dual' column or I can put it as PICUS.. and log it as 'Single Engine' In Command.. or should it go as P.1 - 'In Command'.

Logbook Picture

American logbooks and logging time is slightly different so am a tad bit confused and don't want to log it wrong to make sure it is counted towards the CPL etc... I use the UK Pooleys logbook version.

Would appreciate some input from someone who has done this before.

Back in the UK - I log brakes off to brakes on -whereas the rental place works on 'Hobbs' - Should I log the time as from 'Engine Start' to 'Engine Shutdown' in UTC? It is currently blank.

Thanks in advance.

Scoobster