PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC-12 time
Thread: PC-12 time
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2003, 10:24
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys guys guys

Arent we behaving like Grandmas at a CWA Cake competion.

Regulartory requirements aside. The Single Engine Turbine is here stay. The PC-12 is a great aircraft with Glass I might add. Everheard the addage "no glass no class".

My Job here is about to end. The Twin Otters I fly are going back to Canada. The Company blames a new road for low load factors. So the Competitor who Operates Caravans is jumping for joy and ordering another. Progression out with the Old in with the New.

I have enough Multi, and quite interested in the PC-12. I think it would be a great learning test bed, for the Glass PANEL and the pressurisation and decent profiles and the rest, its invaluable experience. I would go for it myself.

The Bigger the MODERN Turbo prop the easier it is in Assymetirc performance, anyway. So struggling to maintain Circuit Altitude in a FAT C402B on 40 degree day one screaming TSIO520 is good experience, but hey who needs it really!

We have to embrace the Future guys, Single engine Turbines and A320 F/O s with 300TT, or Cadet Training Schemes, are the way of the new world, so we have to lump it or leave it.

Regards
Sheep

P.S. I might go back to Electronics !