PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet brexit
Thread: Easyjet brexit
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2016, 07:46
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UAV689
I see mol is in the press calling for a big yes vote. No surprise as most of his uk cc are eastern bloc...

Personally I think it's a bad show a boss of a foreign company sticking his nose into uk politics to line his pockets. And whenever I see businesses campaigning to stay in, it makes me want to leave even more. Businesses are only interested in driving up their profits, partly done by being able to hire cheaper unit cost overseas labour.
I feel the same, and even more so after Hollande's threats - if that's the best persuasion the EU can muster, then what to stay in for? Frankly, if the attitude to the UK is to bluster and bully (and it has historically been so), then we are clearly better off out.

As for the concerns of the IN lobby that the UK would be excluded from so many deals and opportunities, consider this: if the UK leaves, it will probably trigger the departure of numerous other member states, principally the prosperous ones with a work ethic. I dare say such a group would include the Netherlands, Scandinavia and ultimately Germany, once Merkel gets the boot from disgruntles German voters. That group is almost certain to form a new collaboration with lessons learnt from the mess that is the EU. It'd be a group far more beneficial and effective than the current mire.