PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2016, 17:37
Matt5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening gents, got a bit of a question regarding Thomson airlines and shorthual seat configs.

Last year my partner and I travelled from BHX to LCA on a Boeing 757, an absolutely lovely flight (and return), but for one thing, I'm 6ft 4ins and I was cramped as hell after nearly 5hrs. I noted with envy the people up front enjoying the extra leg room seats, so on our return in July this year I've opted for 'seats with extra leg room'

However, I've been told by the lovely staff at the Thomson shop that as we're flying from Manchester this year, the flight will more than likely be either a 787, or 767 due to higher demand from that airport. That's great, but looking on seat guru, the 757 has designated 'seats with extra leg room' spaces, however the 767 and 787 seating formats do not show any seats with extra leg room allocation, just economy and premium economy for long haul. There is a 767 seating plan for short haul, but all seats are economy.

My question is this.... are there any designated 'seats with extra leg room' when the 767 or 787 are used for short haul?

I doubt we'll be on a 737 in the height of summer to a popular charter destination, and when we booked the earlier flight was actually being sold as a dreamliner flight, we will actually be on the one half hour later, so I'm inclined to think it will be a 767, but that is purely guessing.

Has anyone ever had any experience of short haul seats with extra leg room on a non 757 flight, to shed some light on the situation? I'm aware I'll know this in a few weeks when the seatplans are available to people who advanced booked their seats, but I'm just curious.

Many thanks