PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Medals/Bar!
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:58
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Good news, apparently there has been a bit of backtracking after some hostile questioning by a Labour MP in Parliament.

'Get this scandal sorted out': Dudley MP criticises Government over British medals made in France « Express & Star

"Because of the changes that we introduced to the procurement rules last year, we are allowed to take in local impact when we award contracts such as these and that is exactly what we intend to do

A Cabinet Office spokeswoman later said: "I can confirm that no French firm has been awarded a contract.
It remains to be seen whether the contracts will remain in Britain. Meantime maybe this will be a wake up call for British manufacturers and encourage them to up their game and not turn out the sort of shoddy work referred to by Aaron O'Dickydido. It can still be done, I have had a couple of private commissions done for me by a well known firm of medallists in the midlands and can attest that they can turn out superb work. Mind you, I didn't quibble with their quote - maybe as others have said that's the basic problem