PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus & NZ to live in Sin rather than the full Garden Wedding
Old 5th Mar 2016, 05:42
Guptar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aus & NZ to live in Sin rather than the full Garden Wedding

It seems that Australia and NZ are set to co-habitat rather than the full blown wedding with a surname change for one party. Welfare, legal systems, banking all have or are being harmonized. The only impediment is the status of the distant relos to the north east.

So how would that leave the Aviation regulators. The NZ CAA does seem to be making a better fist of regulating their patch, at least thats how it appears from this side of the ditch. I put it to a CASA FOI recently that the NZ CAA should take over matters regulation in a merger. His reaction was to turn a dark shade of purple and start frothing at the mouth. My boy he thundered, "NZ regulations don't conform to Australian legal drafting standards'. That's got me beat, I do confess, the NZ Part 61 is much easier to read and understand, and it's only 99 pages to boot.

Would the NZ CAA do a better job than CASA, could they do it?

The pollies have been talking about common border for ages, as far back as 1992. As recently as 2012 out Foreign Minister said it was 'immenent".