PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: How many resigned today?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2016, 04:30
Fellowship of the drink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are all naive in thinking an enthusiastic inexperienced co-pilot will be able to back you up when you make an "uncharacteristic" mistake because you are on your third night turnaround in a row on a 100+ hour month flying into a CB laced airport at night with poor ATC. You look to your right and your FO is miles behind the airplane because he hasn't seen a light show in the sky like this in his life!

Fatbus and tourist are probably on the long haul fleet and are not qualified to pass judgments on pilots who do combination night turns, ULR and over 100 hours for the last three years (is this the same as BA and legacy carriers? really?) Yes we are qualified to handle FO's fresh from the cadet program, but not in the current state of mental and physical exhaustion.

B777-200LR, I am happy for you that you can still see the positive points of flying (I truly am). I am not against new blood. I am against new blood replacing the experienced guys who are leaving. Soon, people like you will be the minority and then what?