PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2016, 20:28
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FTC

Doesn't BA pay for duty time as well as flight time?
So you should get basic plus time for ground duties (type rating, conversion course etc)?
No. FWIW I did both an command upgrade and then later a conversion under the system we're effectively going back to and during both courses my pay was reduced down to basic for the ground phase of the courses.

If it helps I'll quote in part from a BALPA e-mail describing how the "Flying Pay Supplement"(FPS), or hourly rate will work:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FPS will be paid per planned flying hour .......The planned date of introduction is in April 2016.
The break even points for pilots between [the old] FPA and the new FPS, taking into account the fixed payments while on leave under FPS, are as follows:
320/767/LGW 705 hours
744/777/787/380 730 hours
Any pilot flying above these hours, will be better off under FPS, and vice versa (my emphasis).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on:

Wasn't this vote also about an overall increase in pay?
TBH it didn't turn out that way since the intial two options the BALPA Company Council offered in the ballot contained exactly same pay deal....FWIW a hastily introduced "C", "we don't accept any change to T&Cs", didn't attract many votes.....

Perhaps some can begin to understand why the debate elsewhere got quite heated, and that's before considering the merits of the rostering systems...

....If so do we know how much if any the % increase is?
Yes - Three year deal: Year 1: 2% underpin or RPI, Year 2: 2.5% underpin or RPI, Year 3: 2.5% underpin or RPI

I've deliberately left the bonus scheme we've also agreed to out of the discussion, I honestly think that boils down to "do you feel lucky".

Lengthy post but hope it helps.

Last edited by wiggy; 4th Mar 2016 at 22:32. Reason: Tinkering again and again and ...