PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Failure on Takeoff! Flight Path?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2001, 09:36
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt, what I said (21/7 and 24/7) was that performance info is available for operators to check ANY SID. In my case provided by Boeing and published SID required gradient. The company I am with DO check all SIDs, incidentally, Cough, you never know whether you may have to fly one!

I think we are talking the same language really! SE from GVA? Don't think I have flown it, but I guess it has min en-route altitudes published, and I hope you have SOPs which tell you what to do if you do not achieve these, and that you brief and fly them! Surely any operator would take into account any terrain avoidance turns before accel is complete in the RTOW figures, and this info is also available? Naturally individual SIDs are not catered for in RTOW charts, (unless there is a 'common' obstacle avoidance turn on all deps), but ETs cover these.

SW, RTOW handles local obstructions, doesn't it? Once clean and climbing away on a departure, achievable climb gradient is the key. If you cannot achieve it go somewhere else, but I DO suggest you go where your perf. dept suggest. They will know more than you.