PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Failure on Takeoff! Flight Path?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2001, 02:32
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I have to explain one thing, It isn’t you hurting me, it’s me hurting you!!!!!!! Because I’m the guy who sits in an office and decides what path I expect you to follow!
Needless to say for the 100 or so aircraft that we operate, it most certainly isn’t the SID!

You may think that your airline is different, but I could name at least 15 major airlines that share our procedures!

BOAC has stated that Boeing checks all SIDS!!!!!!!!! Nope, this most certainly isn’t true. Mainly because MOST of us cant afford their RATES! I would love to know of ANY airline that was actually getting this level of support!

What Boeing does supply is a takeoff program based on either the Mark7 program logic or SCAP logic; it most certainly doesn’t follow SI Departures. (Airbus is different and has introduced a Flight Path Program this year, which I know very little about)

So guys and gals, its simple!

If there is an engine failure takeoff published, follow IT.

If not go straight ahead and start yelling to ATC!

DON’T FOLLOW THE SID……… unless of course you happen to work for an airline that states….”takeoff weight based on SIDXX departure”.

Have fun now…….

Mutt

BTW, tomorrow we are heading south east from GVA on a SID (B777) which we have problems achieving on TWO engines! Needless to say if we based this departure on an engine failure, we wouldn’t even takeoff!