PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LFAT ILS approach plates?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2003, 23:07
RodgerF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking for something else in the Private Flying forum and found this observation

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going back to logging flight time....I have always applied a simple rule: If I am legally allowed to fly the plane as P1 then I log as P1.

If it's a club or rental checkout I am legally allowed to fly the plane, so I log P1. If it's a cross-channel checkout (for which there is no legal requirement in the ANO or the rules of the air or anywhere else) I log P1. If it's training for (e.g.) a complex endorsement or a night rating I am not allowed to fly the plane without it, so I log PuT and need an instructor in the plane who logs P1.

I have always applied this rule and never had a problem, although clearly others have, and I think rustle is right that it is more a matter of FIs trying to get more time in their logbooks than a consistent application of the rules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quite agree that this makes sense. However there may be issues of insurance. The Insurers may not grant cover to a pilot wanting to rent without them first having had a check flight with an instructor. In case you could not be in command of the check flight.