PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 4th Mar 2016, 17:15
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jajcekts
Hello to all,

I am reading forum from a few days and try to find a info about current Ryanair cadet/ first officer data.

1.I am searching for information about what is current status if You join Ryanair as cadet - what is timeline from day 1 to first sallary?
2. What is current SBH for cadet, first officer and Senior FIrst officer?
3. What are requirements for SFO?
4. When you get info about base that you are going to be assigned- is it possible to know prior TR?
5. Finally is it really as bad as you can read in internet, Cadets and FO's are treat as sh**?
6. What is deducted from SBH ( sym, accoountand etc... ) per hour.

I know that there is a lot information but all of them are not current and it would be helpful for all to have a current information.

Thank's

1) Mine was 5 months from day 1 to money in my account;
2) Can't disclosure those figures in a public forum as you understand;
3) Senior First Officer is a 'rank' only, three stripes
4) No, you'll know your final base AFTER line training - when I mean after, it can take 1 month, 2 months after you finish, whatever. It can take another month or two to move. You will know your line training base AFTER your TR and supernumery flights (observer seat). You can be rostered anywhere around the network however they are making a huge effort to base people close home as much as they can.
5) Whoever told you that is a hatter, a ****, or someone who probably though he/she could do anything in the company and get away, and then got sacked or the company just made them life hard. You'll find easy-going and more strict people but you'll never be treated like and idiot unless, of course, you do only silly things.
6) You'll get 4,5€ deducted per SBH for SIM training, accountant fees depends which one you pick, and then you just pay national insurance in the country you are based when you move to your base, until then you deduct national insurance in Ireland. You won't pay any tax in you salary for many months as you'll have expenses to offset. Just be careful to not deduct you expenses in the 1st year straight away, because you'll pay a lot of tax after.

Hope it helps.

Just a last note:

epp654: Please please please please, relax! You'll get all the info in due course. You HAVE TO relax and slow down if you want to get through your type rating and line training, and even your pilot career.

Good luck for everyone