PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying, not what I thought it would be like
Old 4th Mar 2016, 10:59
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But after some months, the challenge is kind of gone and I just do the same thing again, and spend a lot of time away from where I want to be.
So that's two issues, namely lack of challenge and time away.

The first shouldn't be an issue because, frankly, at your level of experience you have a big job of learning if you want to become a seasoned professional. You are in an enviable position - your training was paid for and you now have a job. But this first job is not the pinnacle of aviation it is just a beginning. You could become a captain, a training captain, or branch out, maybe go into flight test. The possibilities are endless, and challenging. The challenge ahead is what you make it, nobody is going to spoon feed you.

If you can't see anything in aviation that motivates you then yes you probably should leave. But bear in mind that what will still motivate you after you have 'turned a hobby into a job' is one of life's dilemnas. There are far more graduates out there than exciting jobs for them to do.

But if you do not like the lifestyle of being in hotels then you will inevitably see your current job as temporary. That's ok. The thing is you are earning money, you are independent, and that gives you options. You can save, you can plan, you can study. In return for the money you are going to have to stay in some hotels for now. First world problem.