PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vortex Ring Autorotation
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2016, 07:18
Sokol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sokol - yes scale is an issue with wind tunnels but quite a well understood one - have you studied Reynolds numbers?
Well, Reynolds numbers are for laminar incoming flow. Which you canŽt expect fully on an rotorhead. (Prandtl)

There is BTW, an interesting piece in the Prouty, how to design a helicopter and how to decide on the number of blades.
for shure it is

Would you care to explain? I don't get it. Both.
Engines: Environment only happens on Intake and exhaust. Intake is one variable. Exhaust is driven by two: core and bypass. That are the only three references to the environment, the rest is (mostly) thermodynamics.

Magnetofluid: a long story. Oil in your pan is for example a magnetofluid. If your oil gets hot, little bosses occur. This are convection rolls. These can be vectored by an induced magnetic field.
Private message for more information.

Why? VRS occurs in every size of rotor. The drone web-community is full of tips and tricks for avoiding VRS and so are the RC sites
It is not the size itself, it is more the reynolds numbers as mentioned above, So you MAY get an exact VRS behavior, but the triggering part is a little different.

OK, that was unfair.
Honestly: That was it planned to be, thanks for your patience.

The point I want to make here is, that helicopter design involves to the day still trial and error.
So it is an interesting topic to discuss about. Thanks for the informations you gave me.

let's hear it for rotor solidity ratio........ how many helicopters with a small, two-bladed system do you see?
Well, i have seen some. But mostly photos and well, they wereŽnt a single group of parts anymore.

Greetings,