PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huge Willy Airspace
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2016, 06:41
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a matter, boys and girls, of just chewing on the same bone. Time after time, after time. Like a dog that chases a parked car.

There are good reasons that the Willy CTR is Class C. And that goes to a mix of fast jets, Wedgetail, refuellers, RPT that you could have your bum strapped into as SLF, guaranteed separation, and not having an 'aluminium shower' that would really cruel your day because separation is effectively handed to the LCD bumbling through under Class D procedures.

If anyone seriously wants Class D procedures in that mix, then they have a death wish. The RAAF always saw this combination coming and did not compromise, or wilt, in the face of the dog chasing the parked car.

I've been out of it for quite a few years now, but I was one of those 'incompetent leaders' in the RAAF. I don't regret a single decision I made in respect of beating off idiot proposals and protecting military and RPT flyers (with pax) alike.

Ask USAF fighter-pilots, over here for some intensive exercises, what they prefer. It was universally 'don't go where we've gone!'