PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet F/A Sues over Sexual Harassment by Pilot
Old 3rd Mar 2016, 23:39
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The airline I was with, in its forty-five years existence, never had a single reported incident like these ones alleged. The mutual unstated accord between male and female crew was one of respect, and generally liking, for the other, which with the manner of the recruiting and the shrewd judges of character who did it, was just a given, but doubtless never taken for granted. On the job, a few of the priceless exchanges are as sharp as yesterday.

to go briefly off the deadly serious topic (empanel the jury) here being aired -

'Murray' (an F/O somewhat vain) ' has anyone ever told you how much the women find you irresistible ?' says Susan passing him his coffee. Murray looks up with a sheepish grin. . . 'No' he says. 'Oh right' says Susan 'then how the hell did you find out?' (Did I have to suppress the urge to wet myself?)

When Kate, a young woman possessed of supreme self-confidence, was being interviewed for an F/O vacancy the three senior management pilots gave her a good grilling, which she handled well. As she was about to leave the room, interview over, one of the men said 'Before you go Kate, tell us what would be your response to an episode of sexual harassment that might take place just one-to-one.' "Oh easy . .. I'd just ask him not to say a word.' at which she said her goodbyes.
The laughter cleared the air entirely. Two weeks later she commenced her ground school.