PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Only passenger on a flight
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2016, 21:02
MichaelOLearyGenius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edi_local
No. When FR sold the Penny flights they were literally 1p. No fees, no taxes. Just 1p.

I remember going PIK-STN for 2p return, all in and it included a bag back then too, and airport check in as standard. The whole family went up and down for the grand sum of 6p! I used to regularly do EDI-BRE and it was once £11.01 total and the 1p was the whole return trip fare!

My uncle used to book so far in advance that he would be able to sort out his whole years domestic travel for about £5!

It's not sustainable anymore, sadly.

Sorry for thread drift.
Yes as long as you had the escape travel card there was no booking fees either, it was literally 1p for a flight. I was working in Bournemouth for a while and I literally commuted PIK-BOH-PIK every day. I remember the people at security double taking me every morning.

My friend had can apartment in Torremolinos and we both spent £1 and booked 50 round trips and just went to AGP every other week.

They were also very handy for birthday and christmas presents, bought my whole family a trip to Paris and Reus for presents. Didn't tell them they were 1p and they thought I was a hero