PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unruly passenger dumped in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2003, 15:34
MIss Behaviour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Holden Phenomenon

The Holden phenomenon or is it Commodore? What is it about the car manufacturer that attracts so many dropkicks? Now I’m sure there are some responsible Holden drivers out there, however I’m yet to meet one.

Wannabe production drivers please take note: you will never be, not even in your wildest dreams a Peter Brock or a Mark Skaife – end of story! You are nothing more than legends in your Recaro’s so the sooner you realise that the better!

There is always an increase of ‘Holden incidents’ ignited by testosterone that coincides with round 6 of the V8 Supercars in Darwin.

While it may to cool to watch Victor or Ben Bray doorslamming their ’57 Chev around in an appropriate environment
(ie racetrack) it is most un-cool to imitate this in your own vehicle at Casuarina Square car park particularly during lunchtime in the school holidays.

Firstly, to the owner of the Commodore with the numberplate late “Headake” (sic) & the atrocious modification masquerading as a body kit, rear window sticker “caution vehicle frequently sideways” and last but not least the obligatory furry dice hanging from the mirror which should be an offence in itself (actually, it is):

I have your number pegged fella & don’t be surprised if you get a visit from a burly policeman renowned in Darwin for his ‘way with words’. Sort of like a like coffee and a chat from your friendly FOI. Na na na na.

Secondly, to idiot features driving a white Commodore with the number plate “Itz War” with the bumper sticker “only milk & juice come in 2 litres – authorised Ford destroyer”. You & what army??? Probably 2cav Regt or 5/7 Bn no doubt:

Although I don’t consider trying to drag me off at traffic lights an offence just yet, any other misdeameanour will be dealt with as above.

That’s all for now because if I think about it any more I’m going to choke on my skinny latte.