PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 3rd Mar 2016, 09:15
[email protected]

Received 643 Likes on 281 Posts
Very good points Geoffers, I give both the technical and the flying instruction on my present type so I know exactly what the pilots were taught and can reinforce the tech training during the flying and sim sorties.

Repetition is definitely the key.

As for the 'forgetting curve' - mine seems to have steepened as I have got older!

HC
Secondly and more importantly we are fortunate compared to our FW colleagues in that every takeoff, final approach and landing is flown manually, as often is inter-rig shuttling.
you have changed your tune from a previous thread when you assured me it was in the passengers' interests that the automatics were used as much as possible.

By the way when I was a trainer on the SAR L2 I found that role equally narrow. Yes the guys were great at dangling things over the side and fishing things out of the water (much, much better than me)
so how did you have credibility as a SAR trainer if you couldn't do it as well as the crews you were 'training'? That is certainly something that wouldn't have passed muster in the mil.