PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do I repeatedly need to refresh on PPRune
Old 15th Jul 2003, 06:50
snooky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do I repeatedly need to refresh on PPRune

I posted this query on another thread a couple of days ago, because at that time I had lost the buttons for "new topic". These buttons have now reappeared strangely enough, maybe someone here can help.

PPRune has always worked fine on my PC, until this week that is. Now whenever I want to go to another page or topic I get "Done" indicated at the bottom of the scree, but with just a blank sceeen or occasionally a small symbol at the top left of screen. If I click on refresh, I sometimes get a "Done" and blank screen, but usually after a couple of refreshes and "Done"s I get "connecting to" and the page address at the bottom of the screen, followed by the page that I requested appearing.

I'd be grateful for any advice on how to go back to the way it used to work, i.e. no refreshes needed.

I am using IE 5.5 and W98SE

I couldn't edit my post, because the edit button was missing, but just to add that this only happens on PPRune, not on other BBs that I visit.