PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vortex Ring Autorotation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2016, 09:07
Sokol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, please Crab. You certainly read his profile.
Thatīs true. I am no pilot, doesīnt that allow me to ask pilots about thier expierience? I am shure that is one of the main problems in the aviationworld.

(e.g. understanding that and why an lighter helo gets into VR faster came until this discussion)

but the downwash speed on a helicopter with a lower disk loading is really lower than one with a higher disk loading.
From a theoretical point of view: I can design you a blade with higher length that has the same characteristics as the shorter one, my problem is only the (not superstiff) materials. And that was a point I always mentioned.

Blade load would be a more appropriate term. But I do agree that the formula gets really complex though.

The higher the mass of the helicopter or the lower the air density or the disk area, the higher the downwash speed.
True. In stable flight.

Nonlinear speed changes in wind tunnel. Tricky. That's why they researched VRS on sleds
Embarassing that I didīnt thought of it.

You are right that not all pilots understand P of F but plenty of engineers think they know more about cockpits and flying than most pilots
I do know a bit more about aerodynamics, thank you for sharing your flying expierience with me

Try IT. Everyone is expert in that world.
This is mainly an communication problem of people who areīnt able to change thier opinion(for example about engineers, short introduction into it: https://youtu.be/BKorP55Aqvg)

Greetings,