Thread: Gatwick spacing
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 18:44
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DP!

Thanks for responding...

A380/RNAV

Understood, but why can I go to CC and end up 7nm (vortex minima) for me behind a 380, on an ILS app, with only mention being that I can expect some LOC fluctuations as I'm released to TWR when KK rules seem entirely different? Is it to do with taxiway proximity or different approved safety standards between Pt 2's?

Earliest possible warning of the RNAV most appreciated as and when it can be provided In the Summer, when holding is now the 'norm' whilst we are in the hold is ideal..... Even more so situational awareness wise from the WILLO side when EK hasn't been on the same freq prior to KK. The departing 380 is even more difficult for us because early awareness just isn't possible as it's not on freq with us at all.

AMAN

AMAN is very accurate for LL. We DO in my opinion need to 'mature' it's use for KK because as I've alluded to, AC are using its data to make sensible executive decisions to aid us the pilots and the TMA. Sometimes, and I'm not suggesting this is the majority of times, because that wouldn't be fair, but occasionally the AMAN data is rather inaccurate. This leads to lack of confidence in it on our side and a wonder if the 'system' is in fact joined up, which is an unfair impression...

Speed Control

Im glad it's not only myself who believes there IS an issue here...was starting to feel rather lonely!

Question is - how do we resolve it? What internally do watch colleagues believe is the approach/answer? One things for sure, if we collectively are going to move 55/hr, or close to, then we must address this issue. I appreciate I may have suggested a rather 'sledgehammer' approach, but the fact that the culprit gets 'away with it' only breeds further, and more widespread non-compliance....

Cheers
30W