PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick spacing
Thread: Gatwick spacing
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 11:21
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tubby,

Following an earlier thread glad you took time to visit!

My point in '7' really is not so much about internal voice co-ordination, but more the electronic data supplied. AC are doing their jobs entirely intelligently slowing inbound traffic when the AMAN EAT data is showing delays ahead. The query really is the accuracy of this data as several times it has totally contradicted the actual situation/status.

What is your experience of point '8'? I feel some some pilots ar NOT following the speed control accurately or in completeness. We have a responsibility to ATC and the system on the whole here and some colleagues are letting us all down. Even is a go-around is avoided it can mean a lost departure if a 'gap' reduces due to poor crew speed compliance. This is something we owe controllers at KK as they are trying to sustain a huge runway rate which ultimately both airport and operators want.

I have had aircrew state that they are not equipped for an SRA...
That one makes me laugh! Really though, there are many pilots who have never experienced an SRA for real..... I mean unlike many years ago, they really are an extremely rare event and in most cases never required as there is a contingency approach available should the ILS not be available, and a better option than a modern day SRA (they're not like the old half milers of years back).

Totally agree with EOK's point on Famil's - often equally difficult to organise at our end, red tape and authorisation levels have made sorting very difficult! Doesn't stop me completely doing so, it feels like a 'fight' every time however :-(

My initial post isn't meant to be a criticism, but purely an open debate of how we can improve things for all in steadily increasing traffic volume.