PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Mar 2016, 11:09
CMDGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-company provided accommodation
- any examples of addresses that one could expect upon joining as an FO (just wanted to see what it's like)?
2- Fleet allocation
-from the experiences of those who have recently joined, is this purely as per the need on the date of joining or is any consideration placed on type experience and wide/narrow body time? (Currently 330 rated)
3- excluding accommodation allowance would anyone care to give an average all up figure of the monthly package for a new FO? (Considering average block hours per month)
4- rosters
- I know 320 drivers would be doing lots of short hops around, notwithstanding this fact, are rosters built with reasonable rest/layovers or pretty much on the minimum legal side of things?
5-company culture
- do crew members work cohesively or is it pretty much an "us verses them" mentality (cockpit and cabin), and does this extend to other non flying staff?
Hello there,

Some of you asked about the sim ride during the assessment.
It goes randomly. I am also a boeing guy but I did my simulator on the 320.
Depends which sim is available.

1. Company accommodations are all over the city. Hard to guess where they will asign you. Sometimes there is not enough places available so you might expect to get a place for a month. Then you will need to find your own place. The housing allowance for FO's is 13.000QAR per month which is sufficient for you. There are nice apartments for that price.
2. Usually if you have recent Boeing experience you will be placed on 777/787. Same goes for Airbus. However lots of guys coming from 320 are placed on 330.
3.Excluding housing allowance expect around 29.000-33.000 QAR per month.
4.Yes, the rosters are reasonable. Also the bidding system works well. You can choose with destinations you want to fly to.
5.The company atmosphere is generally good. There is nothing like us versus them. Most people are nice and friendly.

Cheers