PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 08:09
BigGeordie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is the best option at the moment, out of a pretty bad bunch, for me and my family as well- which is why I'm still here. However, I've already been here a long time so my situation is different to a 20-something who is just starting off a 25 year stint.

You said in your post, "It's not as bad as portrayed". So perhaps I should rephrase my question to, "Which parts of the portrayal on this board are inaccurate?" After all, that is the question which kicked off the whole thread and I think it deserves an answer. I've said, and backed up with personal experience, that it is pretty much as it is described.

I really think that it is important to get a balanced response because I'm a bit fed up flying with F/Os who are thoroughly disillusioned after only a year or two in the company. They joined thinking Pprune was a gross exaggeration from a few bitter and twisted individuals who wouldn't be happy anywhere. Then they discovered, the hard way and much too late, that what is written here is pretty accurate.