PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying, not what I thought it would be like
Old 1st Mar 2016, 07:31
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Firstly if it is any consolation at all you are not the first person to say

Flying, not what I thought it would be like
I heard that more than once when I was involved in training many many years back...but the difference back in the day was the family hadn't sunk savings and/or house into the "project" and some individuals paid their dues (relatively small amount by today's standards), walked away from the whole deal and went off to be successful in other careers.

...... I just do the same thing again, and spend a lot of time away from where I want to be.
That, I'm afraid, as you now know, very much goes "with the territory". I'm guessing it wasn't made clear in the brochures/videos pushed out by the Flying Training Organisations.

If the time off down route is a problem then as Denti has suggested look at some sort of distance learning, if you need a more challenging work environment then is there the possibility of progress into training or similar at your organisation?

Ultimately there's no shame in admitting the job isn't for you...this is easy for me to say but maybe you need to sit down with your family and talk it over.