PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 06:50
BigGeordie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going looking for the bad, it comes to find me. There are still some positives about the job- the people I fly with are generally great and I manage to save a bit of money every month. After over a decade here I would damn well hope I would!

My money bucket is nowhere near full yet and I fully accept that the days of coming to the Land of Sand for 10 years and then retiring were over about 40 years ago. I have looked at jobs back in Europe and, for me, they didn't work. Hence I'm staying at Emirates a bit longer. This doesn't mean I don't want to be out as quickly as possible it just means that I'm approaching an age (and a seniority) where it is better for me to stay than to go. Would I come now, if I was in the same position I was when I first joined? No chance. Ten years ago I recommended Emirates to people in my old company. No way I would do that now.

To those who are still saying you have to look at the positives and it isn't that bad, not really, I would say: I don't know how long you have been here but tell me what about the job has improved in the time you have worked for Emirates? Because in 10 years just about everything I can think of, from leave to staff travel to inflation adjusted salary has deteriorated. Birdie on first and what goes up, I'm talking to you.