PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stag party causes Ryanair diversion
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2016, 13:21
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Ontario right now, it's big news about this Muzzo person, who, with his drunken buddies arrived home to Toronto YYZ from a stag party in Las Vegas, then attempted to drive home drunk. It ended with horror:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/marco-muzz...074300965.html

I hope they throw the book a these goofs, and cost recover all expenses, including other passenger's time lost due to their selfish behavior. These are the same human blobs who would be obstacles and obstructions in the case of an emergency evacuation, further endangering the rest of the passengers.

When I was very new working for a Canadian charter airline, I was in the YYZ Terminal 2 baggage area, having returned from England on business with our Vice President. Staggering around near us was a totally drunk passenger, also jut off this flight. I recall watching him pass out, and fall face first onto the floor. This was thin carpet on concrete, and he made no effort to break his own fall. I'm sure I hear his nose break as he hit. Hi wife, obviously used to this, instead of helping him, kicked him in the ribs and said "Get up Howard. you're drunk!". I told the security staff that a passenger might require medical attention in the baggage area.

I never heard any more of this event, but I pointed out to the VP that we had given him all that booze, and were probably liable for his injuries. We slowly adopted a policy of limiting serving to drunk passengers.