PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 29th Feb 2016, 08:12
fadecdegraded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC, after reading some of your posts on this thread and others on this site I suspect it is Gits like you that probably could have benefited from a few thousand hrs of SPVFR, if you actually got that far.
It seems that just because you haven't got hundreds or thousands of SPVFR under your belt you may have a chip on your shoulder about it, and because you came through with minimal P1 that is the only way it should be done.
I would rather have someone up the front if I was a pax that can actually fly as opposed to someone that thinks hand flying IFR is to dangerous or reckless to do with pax onboard (as stated in a post of yours on another thread) than a button pusher that may
Run out of ideas the moment he/she runs out of buttons to push.
But unfortunately you are correct that in this day in age all pilots are going to be like you and come through there respective training and command programs with minimal exposure to anything that is outside there scope of operations and it will be tough luck for all on board when something outside the box happens.