PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stag party causes Ryanair diversion
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2016, 06:46
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crew will probably earn 10p each commission per drink they sell. This is then taxed/NI deducted/student loan deducted. Now we are down to about £0.06 per drink. Its really not much of an incentive, trust me.

Now, let's consider this happened 30/40 minutes into the flight. Cabin crew start the service 10-15 minutes into the flight.

Even if we assume the offenders were at the front or back rows and served first, how many drinks do we estimate they had time to drink? One? Two if they necked the first one?

The problem will be the airport bought litres of spirits. This has nothing to do with 'high' onboard prices. It's airports wanting to make money and stags who what to drink theirselves silly.

High onboard prices has nothing do with it. It's people who want to get drunk. Period. Those same people will quite happily spend £4 for tea and biscuits or £3 for a can of red bull that's 50p in the supermarket. Why? It's because they have a need that needs to be fulfilled. On the way out that need is getting drunk. On the way back it's dealing with the hangover.

I was crew for years and can't think of one drink fuelled incident that the crew caused. On rowdy flights it's a one drink maximum. That tiny tin of beer is a drop in the ocean and is neither here nor there. Refuse alcohol completely and they start to get really difficult. Which is what happened on this flight. Airlines are getting better at t all the time. Credit most of all should go to Jet2. However my airline politely emails those who've been unruly and tells them their return flight is cancelled - find another way home. That makes me happy.