PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 28th Feb 2016, 13:43
Wisepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are many airlines where pilots are quite happy. The basic salary for FO currently in THY is 4200 Euro in par to the mentioned LOW COST German carrier with the difference that gross there is almost double whereas in Turkey pilots pay 5% tax and have silly pensions and no end of service benefits .On the other hand if you want to compare to the global competitors in the ME hiring expat,not requiring knowledge of Arabic and having non discriminating rules for seniority and upgrade we stand at 1/3 of the compensation they offer with none of the benefit. If you work in Aerologic or Eurowing most probably you are not an expat but a EU citizen and you will not have to maintain double household .Still I have to admit for some THY FO I flew with salary is way too much. The EU prohibits state subsidies this is why they are not expanding. Unfornately carrier accessing the EU market will soon have to abide to curb unfair competition . No mistery THY is always the one offering the cheapest fare..but there will be soon some surprises.

As far as I know after 6 years the amount of FO upgraded is 4 and that just because some of them campaigned for it for years and most probably there was no other option, If you cannot find Turkish speaker is not the expats fault. The foreign Commanders are so happy that many after experiencing the environment are reapplying to their original employer. Your post is childish uninformed and delusional my friend. Get real.

Last edited by Wisepilot; 29th Feb 2016 at 10:12.