PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Feb 2016, 08:54
Rigid Body

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, my very first post and thanks to the informative discussion. Just a few questions I would appreciate your input:-

1-company provided accommodation
- any examples of addresses that one could expect upon joining as an FO (just wanted to see what it's like)?
2- Fleet allocation
-from the experiences of those who have recently joined, is this purely as per the need on the date of joining or is any consideration placed on type experience and wide/narrow body time? (Currently 330 rated)
3- excluding accommodation allowance would anyone care to give an average all up figure of the monthly package for a new FO? (Considering average block hours per month)
4- rosters
- I know 320 drivers would be doing lots of short hops around, notwithstanding this fact, are rosters built with reasonable rest/layovers or pretty much on the minimum legal side of things?
5-company culture
- do crew members work cohesively or is it pretty much an "us verses them" mentality (cockpit and cabin), and does this extend to other non flying staff?

Sorry to bombard you guys with a long list of (probably already answered elsewhere) questions but your reply is highly appreciated.

Happy landings
RB