PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 15th Jul 2003, 00:52
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this topic certainly generated a lot of interest. Voting has now effectively stopped so it's time to take stock of what fellow helicopter people thought.
It was interesting to note that, although the number of votes gradually increased over the weeks, the percentage of votes for each of the four options remained almost unchanged throughout.
  • A total of 311 people voted, of whom a massively overwhelming majority (60.77%) hoped the pilot would get away with it.
    Some people seemed to think hoping the pilot would get away with it this time was the same as approving of what he did. I don't think the two necessarily run together.
  • 19.29% thought he should be prosecuted and fined, but didn't think any licensing action should be taken.
  • Slightly fewer (15.11%) thought he should have his licence pulled for a short period.
  • Only 15 people (4.82%) thought he should lose his licence forever. (I only put that one in as a joke, but there you go! )
We don't know if the CAA has traced the pilot but, it's early days, so they might do so yet. I hope he's got the good sense not to go for the hat-trick or third time might not be so lucky for him - Mr Sikorski's probably bought some binoculars by now!