PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LRS-B... The B-21
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2016, 22:48
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The West Coast.
I saw the renderings on various internet sites. From memory, as this was some time ago, I first saw a drawing after viewing a stealth mock up of a helicopter. Another poster said that the mock up was inaccurate and that there were already drawings of 'the actual' stealth Blackhawk online and that the Chinese (no mention of who in China) had posted the drawings.

The mock up was all black and with a person dressed in black in front of it (it may have been a movie prop, I can't remember now, but maybe you have seen the same pic) whereas the 'Chinese' picture was in dark grey and a side profile just like Sqn pics and looked exactly like the tail section left at OBL's house.
The same 'Chinese' drawing appeared on all sorts of sites within 24 hours of the raid.

I'm not entirely sure why the idea of a stealthy (using stealthy loosely) helo is so far fetched. Even though the US is downsizing its military it still has a lot more cash to spend than anyone else, and has poured a lot of money into this idea already. We only need to consider the advance from the F117 to the F22 to perhaps assume that things have improved since the Comanche.