PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How high do you fly?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2016, 16:28
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardly heavy iron, but it's been done in a B200, fortunately with a successful outcome.
Silert

As far as I know all these can a passenger land a Heavy jet experiments if the crew become incapacitated have all revolved around simulator experiments and the autopilot
I would be very interested to see how a basic PPL or passenger got on if the simulator was set up with a failed autopilot at FL380 on a dark night above cloud and the PPL/passenger was told to get on with it from working out how to communicate with ATC to landing the jet at destination.

I don't know the real not media situation with the B200 but know that such a claim was made with a supposed Grandmother flying a twin when her husband died at the controls. It described her as a non pilot but reality is she had flown extensively with her husband right seat for decades and had on numerous occasions acted as an FO to him. She still did an amazing job with the shock of loosing her husband but maybe not quite as the media portrayed it.

With my experience with even CPL /IR who have no jet or heavy turbine time control would have been lost without further training. That doesn't mean I am right and it can't be done just I would be very surprised

Pace