PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Thompson - EASA Examiner, Florida
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2016, 12:05
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interestingly toff, I recall that Paul Thompson was a moderator of this forum at one time, but judging by the detailed description I have just read on what I presume to be your blog, I imagine he has all the evidence he needs. I'm sorry though to hear that you have been apparently mislead - both for you and Thompson as it sounds like he may be having some issues.

You mention that you have informed the FAA; for the purpose of the revalidation flight, I presume you would have been PIC of the Duchess that you rented from Apopka? Looking at your interesting training history on the blog, can I ask if you have an FAA multi-engine endorsement on your FAA Private (I see you completed your JAA MEIR at BFC), and if so, have you undertaken an FAA Flight Review in the past two years? In the event that you were not PIC (which you would have been as it was a successful reval), have you seen any FAA Certification for the person who was?

The Orlando FSDO are unlikely to be too interested in an expired EASA IRE qualification but will certainly be interested in how legal this flight was from an FAA perspective. You may have opened a bigger can of worms.