PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY Upgrade FO/Capt/Commander question...
Old 26th Feb 2016, 11:51
Pilot_76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question THY Upgrade FO/Capt/Commander question...

Regarding THY's upgrade policy for expats, FO's trying to become Captains then Commanders I've read a lot about college degree requirements. For those who already have and applied complain that the process is very complex and that because of this the upgrade might take years. Does THY actually require a college degree for Capts upgrade and are there any expats who have actually become Captains in THY?

First of all, YES. I am aware that this has been asked a zillion times all over PPRUNE but please bear with me. Things that I have considered before posting this as a "new thread":

A simple search listed a lot of threads which were old. Like started back in 2011. Those had many pages and as usual people started to point fingers at each other then they started playing a game called EGO WARS UNLIMITED. So I started reading pages after pages and not getting a simple answer. Pilots complaining about the Airline others sort of stating that some of the things were not true others had never actually set foot there stating that they would never work there etc. I do understand that this is the primary reason for us all here to reach out and pass important information which will affect our careers as Airline Crew members and will affect your family as well if you become an expat. My point is that a simple answer will do and I do not intend for this thread to have 300 pages with a 5 years-old debate on whether joining THY or not...

Sorry I had to state all this but it is frustrating in getting a straight answer and not starting another round of EGO WARS UNL.