PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fully qualified Avionics Technician however want Part 66 B2 licence, any help?
Old 26th Feb 2016, 09:19
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Resource at Kemble is a Part 147 establishment, and you can sit the Part 66 Module exams there. They also offer short intensive courses for each Module, ending with the exam, set by them. This dubious but legal practice is under the EASA spotlight, and may well come to an end, but only at EASA's sclerotic pace, so it would be good to use it if you can. You would find most of the Modules a doddle, after your training and experience.

They will be very familiar with people in your position, and at least one of their more senior staff is ex-RAF. As I understand it, your RAF experience may be credited to the work experience requirement regardless of what it was on, ie can probably reduce it by a negotiable amount, and they would know how to go about fixing that. I may be wrong, but a chat with them would cost nothing.

BTW, I have no connection! If you do deal with them, make sure you get what you want, no less and no more; beware sales pressure.

PS I have no idea why PPRuNe is putting an unhappy face on this post!

PPS I just looked at their website, and found their short intensive courses; click on "Book Now" for the B2 course, and you'll get to the page with their prices for the short Module courses rather than the whole lot together. Or just click here.

Last edited by Capot; 26th Feb 2016 at 09:32.