PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight performance & planning exam
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2016, 21:05
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will second MachJump - The EASA PPL EXAM application is fantastic.

In my exam admittedly a few years ago now, did have a (relatively at the time) large navigational element to the exam. Quite a few questions asking for calculations on the CRP-1 (units, distance, time, speeds...etc...). Assuming that you are at the stage of your flying that you have done a couple of navigational exercise flights (flying a pre-planned route you plotted) there shouldn't be any issues, and you shouldn't come across anything new in that part of the test. I remember a couple of the examination questions having incorrect answers, and my CFI (& examiner) agreeing that this was pretty poor that the CAA didn't seem to check the answer sheets prior to handing them out, as he believed that I had the right answers.

Either way - the Pooley in my opinion are the better books to learn from - I couldn't learn from the AFE (which I did buy) I found that there was too much waffle, and the format (being quite large) was harder to read, and harder to transport anywhere. I'd stick with Pooley if I were you! :-)

Good luck for your exam!!

Last edited by alex90; 25th Feb 2016 at 21:06. Reason: sorry wrong name...