PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet brexit
Thread: Easyjet brexit
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2016, 15:06
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KP, regardless of how unrealistic or ideal my suggestion, at the expense of highlighting the underlying political nature of this discussion, I would suggest that this is precisely the simplistic view shared by a large number of the British electorate. AS's reflection that it is this "entrenched unfairness that fuels the desire of many for exit" is precisely the point - it is this perceived imbalance and erosion of our rights as British Citizens (few speak of being European or holding an EU passport - I hold a British Passport incidentally, at the top of which is stated, in a smaller font - European Union), that would make any grandfathering of rights for non-British EU workers all the more inflammatory, and not least as following Brexit, you say that "there will be a punitive response to Britain". So yes, all non-British employees to leave UK employment and no work permits - we are not Norway or Switzerland. The British electorate was mislead by the European Communities Act in 1972 as to the degree of compromise that would be demanded, irrespective of any perceived gain through the prospect of freedom of movement of workers, the benefits of a Common Market and the prospect of a long retirement in Italy or the South of France, enjoying a similar standard of benefits with affordable living costs. This referendum is an opportunity to redress the imbalance of the past 43 years, unless of course you feel the prospect of Turkey, Armenia and the myriad other 'continental' nations that the EC considers perfectly eligible for membership and further dilution of our basic human rights sounds like an acceptable proposition?

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 25th Feb 2016 at 15:33.